What is the Mission of The Hive Professional Network?
We provide people and organizations with the insights, coaching, and mentoring they need to become who they are meant to be so they can grow and evolve to realize their true potential in work and in life.
We do this by helping them connect and engage coaches and mentors who are right for them using our proprietary matching algorithm on our safe, secure, and inclusive platform, and through our strategic partnerships.
What is a Hive?
Hives are primarily how we group different focus areas of coaching. For example, they can be common functional areas of organizations like Sales or Marketing, or they can be for areas/communities of interest such as Trades or Indigenous. Clients choose the Hive that best suits the type of coaching they are seeking. Coaches choose the Hive that best suits their offering(s).
A future update to The Hive will enable both to belong to multiple Hives
Why should I join The Hive?
- Matching Algorithm: The Hive’s matching algorithm only matches clients who are looking for you type of Coaching services, reducing the time you have to spend on responding to requests. You can further enhance the process by ensuring your service offerings are well describe in terms what you offer and the type of clients you will consider
- Reduced cost of Acquisition: The Hive offers a one-stop solution for clients to find and hire a coach, and for coaches to find new clients, without having to manage their own online presence. The platform provides Coaches with greater visibility and exposure to a wider audience of potential Clients, helping them to grow their business and reach new clients.
- Time savings: The platform saves time for both Clients and Coaches by streamlining the process of finding and hiring a Coach, reducing the time and effort required to find the right match. For the Coach it will also mean spending less time on non-revenue generating work as we do that do for you.
- Accessibility: The platform makes it easy for Clients to find and hire a Coach from anywhere in the world, at any time, from the comfort of their own home or desk at work.
- Trust and credibility: The Hive provides a secure, safe, and inclusive marketplace for Clients and Coaches to connect and engage. We will not share or sell your information with any third-party, ever. Any third-party platforms we integrate will be via Single Sign-On (SSO) and only share what is minimally necessary to make the integrations work.
- Influence the future direction of The Hive: While we have a road-map for the capabilities and features (see below) The Hive will offer, we will be engaging the coaching community to ensure we continue to enhance and evolve The Hive to meet the needs of Coach’s and and their Clients
What’s the sign-up process?
Watch this video as Greg walks you through the sign-up process.
What types of Coaches are on The Hive?
The Hive accepts coaching in pretty much any personal or professional development category. The current list of Coaching Hives are viewable on the Home page. We will be regularly adding new ones. If you don’t see yours there, send an email to Admin with “New Coaching Hive” in the subject line
What is The Hive’s matching algorithm and how does it work?
Both Coaches and Clients answer the same set of questions, but from different perspectives. Based on both sets of responses, the algorithm will match Clients to prospective Coaches who they can then contact to find the one that is best suited to their needs. Clients may contact more than one Coach before they make a final decision and are not to be pressured through unsolicited follow-ups on whether they have decided in your favour.
Coaches cannot solicit clients directly on The Hive. This was a choice we made to ensure that Client privacy remain at the centre of all engagements, starting with which Coaches they choose to Connect with to meet their personal and/or professional development needs.
We will be refining the algorithm over time.
What types of clients are available through the marketplace?
Clients can be individuals who sign up on their own or can be someone who works for a business who signs up as part of their organization’s corporate membership. Corporate employees would still need to create their own account on The Hive to protect their personal privacy and in keeping with our commitment to provide a safe, secure, and inclusive environment that places the individual Client at the centre of all interactions with The Hive and in any coaching engagements they participate in.
How does the marketplace help me grow my coaching business?
Unlike the open web, Clients who sign up to The Hive will have already made the decision they want to engage with a Coach. Some will have decided it is a Coach just like you.
As we add in business clients, the number of possible clients increases substantially. This both reduces your new Client acquisition costs, as well as providing a steady stream of potential Clients in the future. It will be up to each Coach to determine how many Clients they can handle at a time.
Other ways you can grow your coaching business can include:
- Digital asset sales through The Hive Nation Store (coming soon) which can be seen by both Clients and other Coaches
- Becoming a featured guest on The Hive Nation Podcast (not all who apply will be accepted)
- Appearing on Coaching Spotlights posts
- Delivering a keynote or presenting at a virtual conference for corporate clients. A Coach Would need to be accepted after submitting a proposal for an event. Depending on the nature of the conference and whether you are a keynote or a presenter, these may be paid engagements as well.
What is the cost of using the The Hive marketplace?
See our Pricing page.
Do you have a referral program?
Yes we do!
There are there levels of referral offers:
- Refer 3 coaches and get a free Coaching Spotlight to promote yourself, your offerings, and your message
- Refer 3 clients and get a Free spot on the The Hive Nation Blog
- Refer a team or company and get Free Coaching Spotlight, Free Blog spot, and Free spot on The Hive Nation Podcast
How does the blog feature work and what is its purpose for coaches?
You can submit blog post ideas for The Hive Nation Blog to our Admin account. Blog posts must be informational or instructional in nature, that is, they cannot be simply to describe one of your services or products. Case studies will also be considered for publication. If you have free downloads related to your post, they can be referenced as well.
Blog posts are a great way to get attention with potential clients. We hope to publish 1-2 guest posts per month.
When submitting a post idea, use the following as a guide:
- Nature of post: Instructional or Informational
- Post Title
- The key message(s) of the post
- Post Outline – use headings and bullet points
- Links to previous things you’ve written
- If free downloads will be include, included their links or samples of what they will contain
What features are available or will be available through The Hive?
- Registration and profile setups
- Coaching Package setup
- Paid subscriptions and promo codes
- View Clients who have asked to connect
- 14 available Coaching Hives. See website main page for current list (scroll down). More Hives will be added over time – if don’t see one that fits your coaching services send an email to Admin
- Blogging (with certain restrictions)
Coming soon (with no additional logins necessary for Coaches or Clients):
- Scheduling linked to both Client and Coach calendars
- The Hive Nation Store
- Coaching Package feature enhancements
- Digital Assets
- Integrated video for virtual coaching sessions
- Communities linked to Coaching Hives
- Private Hives for Clients
- Private communities for Coaches
- Coach Websites
- Virtual Conferences
- Contract Management
- Financial management and reporting for coaches
Leave a Reply